Escape to the secluded wilderness of Birch Bark Lodge in search of the majestic Ontario moose. Our remote location in Northern Ontario ensures you’re not competing with the pressure of other lodges and other hunters. Bring your rifle and your gear and spend a week with us this fall to capture the trophy of your lifetime! We offer unguided packages that include both accommodations and a complete meal plan. For rates and other details on our hunting packages please visit our rates page.
We are committed to quality moose hunts. We offer exceptional value and can accommodate smaller groups. We are located in WMU 1C where you can hunt by rifle, bow or muzzle-loader.
Adult bull moose are common between 900-1300 pounds in our area of Ontario. If you decide to join Birch Bark lodge for “one of the greatest big game hunts in North America” you will experience the many thrills of such a wilderness trip. The float plane/ fly in trip to our remote lodge, the daily plans and conversation about the hunt, the smell of bacon frying in the morning, the thrill of spotting a moose and the triumphant return of the hunters with their trophy. We look forward to the opportunity of having you as one of our hunters. It will be an adventure you will remember for years to come.
This is remote hunting without having to rough it. This area is very isolated with no roads, no hunting pressure and has a proven history of success.
These full (7) day hunts in late Sept include flight in and out of our remote lodge, all boats, motors and gas, full use of lodge and facilities, flight out of trophy and outstanding fishing.
Costs not included in the trip price you need to consider:
- 13% Ontario provincial Tax
- Non resident moose hunting license
- Ontario outdoors card (if you don’t already have one). These are good for 3 years and are needed to purchase a hunting or fishing licence
- Export Permit (to bring your trophy back into the United States)
- Fishing Licence
- Food if you haven’t chosen our American plan.
Important information for hunters
- You must be 16 years of age to hunt Moose in Ontario
- You must bring previous hunting licence from your home state in order to obtain an Ontario hunting licence
- There are Blaze orange requirements to hunt in Ontario. Minimum of 400 square inch’s is required (Camouflage orange is not legal in Ontario)
- Blaze orange jacket or vest and hat are mandatory
- You must register your weapon at Canadian customs (we will provide you with the necessary forms prior to your hunt)
- You must obtain an export permit for your moose before leaving Ontario
- Rules have changed recently so please make sure you are admissible into Canada. If you have any questions please check out our link to Canadian Customs